Welcome to Advance Morwell
Advance Morwell is the voice of Morwell’s businesses and broader community. We aim to provide community leadership and a vision for the future.
The mission of Advance Morwell is to “Advance Morwell and the wider Latrobe City through unity and active community involvement”.
Our values are: Professionalism, Reliability, Honesty, Accountability, Openness and Friendliness.
Our Strategic Directions
To promote Morwell’s role within the wider Latrobe City, building upon its geographical centrality, industrial strengths, retail precincts, multicultural composition, transport links and as a regional tourism hub.
Advance Morwell has a number of Strategic Directions that form the focus of its ongoing activities.
The Key Strategic Directions and activities are:
Provide Leadership for the Development of Latrobe Region
- Provide strong lobbying and representation on regional matters to all levels of government to promote the growth of the Latrobe Region, particulalry advocating on behalf of Morwell businesses and residents
- Actively support all business promoting the development of the region
- Establish positive links promoting unity in Latrobe City by working together with sister groups in neighbouring towns on matters of Latrobe wide interest
Build a Positive Image for Morwell
- Lobby for a master plan focusing on urban, industrial and environmental renewal
- Continue to develop branding to badge Morwell as the Rose Town
- Assist in creating a modern commercial appearance for Morwell
- Develop and facilitate implementation of a town entrance strategy
- Promote a positive image of Morwell among its constituents
- Promote Morwell’s multicultural background and strengths through ongoing support for the Gippsland Immigration Park, Migrant Wall of Recognition and sister city relationships.
- Promote Morwell’s attractions such as the Rose Garden, Latrobe Regional Gallery, Crinigan Road Reserve, Wetlands, Town Common & Immigration Wall
- Promote Morwell’s history and achievements
Promote the Development of Morwell, its Business and Retail Sectors
- Develop the relationship between the CBD and Mid Valley retail precicts, including facilitating integrated promotions
- Promote the development of new and existing businesses
- Strengthen the CBD through promotion of business improvement activities, conducting promotional events and facilitating landlords and businesses to improve appearance of premises
- Work with Latrobe City to enhance the amenity of the built environment, ensure public safety and make Morwell an attractive place to shop, visit, live and work
- Work with Latrobe City to facilitate retail and residential development opportunities
Ensure Advance Morwell’s Ongoing Sustainability
- Conduct ongoing membership drives to grow membership
- Identify alternative sources of funding